Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A "Noe" kind of Day

Happy Veteran's Day! Thanks Jamie for serving in the Marine Corp! I love you!

Since its a holiday today and the courthouse is closed...I have today off :) Its been a day to catch up on laundry, meet Walker for lunch, and stop in for a little visit with Kai while she is at work. Also, I got to hit the gym today after seven weeks in the cast! WOOHOO!

With a bit of time on my hands, I thought I would share a new recipe that I tried out on Walker, Kai, Molly, Cooper, and Amelia :) Its Jalapeno Popper Dip. YUM! Lets just say, the dip pretty much disappeared before I had a chance to sit down. I found it online and it turned out GREAT! WARNING: not the healthiest dip around but TOTALLY worth it. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

2-oz packages of cream cheese
1 cup Mayo (Not miracle whip...just the full on fatty mayo...can you hear your arteries clogging?)
1-4oz can of diced green chilies
1-4oz can of diced jalapenos (Feel free to use fresh ones too)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese (not the powder kind...trust me)
1 cup panko bread crumbs
olive oil


Directions:

  • In a bowl mix together the soften cream cheese and mayo. Mix until smooth. I would suggest using a mixer if its available. If not, it will be just as good :)
  • Add in can of chilies and jalapenos and mix
  • Put mixture in oven safe dish
  • Cover the mixture with the parmesan cheese
  • Mix panko bread crumbs with olive oil until coated and then sprinkle on top
  • Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes
  • ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have a Noe kind of day... Maybe you should meet me for lunch? See you in 3 days!

    ReplyDelete