Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lazy Days

So I am completely and utterly aware that my first post was one that represented someone who finally gave up and came to the dark side. One that was ready to blog away. As you can see...I was able to do about two entries and then forget that I even had a blog!

Well, here I am again, ready to share with you about all of the cooking/baking creations I have tried and what I thought of them. At least I hope.

Since my last post, I have tried a number of new recipies and learned a lot. 

Things I have learned:

1. Dont pack cinnamon rolls in a pan too tight. They tend to shoot straight up and out of the pan.
2. Fondant is easy to work with but costs a ton! (Thank goodness for the Michael's coupon)
3. Getting frosting to a bright red color takes an entire thing of Wilton Food Coloring Gel
4. An entire thing of Wilton Food Coloring gel makes frosting taste bitter and stains your teeth.
5. Buffalo chicken dip can even make a strong person weak...its that good!

So from the things that I have learned, you can probably tell that I have tried my hand at making some new bites. The fondant cake I tried turned out really cute. Cute as it was, I would probably never actually eat it. Oh well!

I made a cake that looked like a pizza for Molly's 30th birthday. This is where I discovered that the food coloring gel, when used in excess, makes frosting taste bitter and dye your entire mouth pink. It was a fun cake though. I used white chocolate as the grated cheese and fruit roll-ups as the pepperoni.

The cinnamon rolls on the other hand, did turn out. And they tasted good! Score one for me :) Only problem is that I squished as many as I could into a 13x9 pan. I my surprise when that oven door opened, some of those tasty babys shot straight to high heaven. I laughed so hard that Walker came over to investigate.  All in all, they tasted great and the guys at Walker's work were thrilled. (They have become my test dummies)

I also tried my hand at making lollipops. Lollipops you say? Yes, Lollipops. Cake ones to be exact. Its the easiest recipe (I will post it later) and makes a TON! They turned out well but next time I wouldnt use a buttercream frosting.

As you can see, I have tried a ton of new recipes. I have pictures and promise to post them when I get a chance. I am sure there are a few more recipes that I didnt mention but I will have tons more to tell you about but for now...adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment